PDA

View Full Version : Anyone add a reverse backupcamera to RNS-E

maskinut
11-09-2006, 05:56 PM
He all,
I did a quick search and didn't see much on the backup camera mod. Has anyone done this with the RNS-E?

The big questions for me are....
Is it manual? As in, switching video sources or can you set it up to display automatically when the car is in reverse?

If yes, does it screw up your nav plan or will it return to the route you had in progress when you switch into drive?

There are a lot of $10-20 backup cameras on Ebay. Will these do the trick?

Where did you mount the camera?

Has anyone done all of the following to RNS?

Ipod video integ (audi and video on RNS)
DVD
TV
Backup cam
Sirius

Thanks, Sean

aLeXliu911
11-10-2006, 02:44 AM
i am wondering the same thing...
1sicka4 has his camera mounted so nice, top of the licence plate...so nice....they have pioneer navi, and they don't know if the RNS works with the back up camera...i already asked...
so someone knows, plz help us...

thx

maskinut
11-12-2006, 02:50 PM
I bet it works but I have not ordered my dietz or unlocked VIM so I dont know. Also, I am tempted by the cheap cameras on ebay but I am wise enought to know that cheap often means cheap. Someone here has probably tried it. The big kicker for me is how automated you can make it and how hard it is to do. If it isn't a quick and automatic changeover to camera when ou are in reverse then it is a waste of money to mod. It it can be seemless like a lexus then it is worth it.

teddybgame
11-13-2006, 10:00 AM
can't code the audi rnse for backup camera....yet. Only the Lambo Gallardo version will do this.

search www.navplus.us

CyberPMG
11-15-2006, 07:34 AM
The S6 also has the backup camera with the cool guidance lines to show the path of your car. As you turn the wheels, the lines will turn as well. You'll know if you're gonna miss hitting anything.

That's the newest MMI I believe and not the RNS-E.