PDA

View Full Version : Importing phonebook

theoP
11-07-2006, 11:42 PM
I just got my 2007 A3 and loving it. But one thing annoys me is the phone book. Is there any fast way to import my contacts to the phone book of my RNS-E nav system instead of sitting there turning the knob all day. pretty sure there has to be a way where you can import like a excel csv file or something. I have a treo and already paired it with my blue tooth. I try to send the contact via bluetooth but that doesn't work either. How?

Also, does anyone know where I can get the wire diagram for the phone port inside the armrest. I want to see if i can mod that so i can charge my phone since they don't have a cradle for the treo. basically all you need is find the ground and 12V pin and get it to work. hmm.........

PROXUS
12-28-2006, 06:59 PM
Not every phone is fully compatible with Audi TEL interface.
Some of them ar loding only part of the functionality...they will pair but they will not send data.

One of the best phones out there is Nokia 8800 which will send even custom ringtone so you can hear it through your speakers when call is received.

Most of PDA based phones are less "cooperative"

check this post to find out about compatibility of certain phones:
http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1196

Imperial
01-03-2007, 12:03 AM
I'm having trouble with this, too. My phone links with the car and will upload the phone book in the TEL menu, HOWEVER if I try to use the voice command for the phone book it says "the phone book is empty." Also, if I receive an incoming call, it only shows the number calling, not the name, even if I've added it to the directory. What gives? Is my phone not fully compatible? I have a RAZR V3c from Verizon and I know they disable many a bluetooth feature, so is this another of the malicious machinations of VZW? Cuz I'm about ready to kick them to the curb and this might just put them over the edge for me...

FINA4
01-28-2007, 01:00 PM
I'm having trouble with this, too. My phone links with the car and will upload the phone book in the TEL menu, HOWEVER if I try to use the voice command for the phone book it says "the phone book is empty." Also, if I receive an incoming call, it only shows the number calling, not the name, even if I've added it to the directory. What gives? Is my phone not fully compatible? I have a RAZR V3c from Verizon and I know they disable many a bluetooth feature, so is this another of the malicious machinations of VZW? Cuz I'm about ready to kick them to the curb and this might just put them over the edge for me...

I think your phone should work since it's listed in the link:

This list of phones has been tested in the UK & US with an EU or US RNS-E . Your results may vary due to firmware issues with the phones etc.

So far paired and Hands free profiles with GSM commands for...

SE K608i
SE K610i
SE K700i
SE K750i
SE K800i
SE S700i
SE W800i
SE T68
SE Z540
SE P990i (Symbian, but works)
Nokia 6021
Nokia 6111
Nokia 6230
Nokia 6230i
Nokia 6233
Nokia 6234
Nokia 6280
Nokia 6310i
Nokia 6800
Nokia 6822
Nokia 8800
Nokia 8801
Motorola Razor V3
Motorola Razor V3i
Motorola L6
Motorola SLVR L7
Motorola V550
Orange SPV M600
O2 XDA mini S
Siemens S65
I-Mate K-Jam (firmware dependant)
Samsung P300
Samsung A900 (firmware YL10)
Cingular 2125 Smartphone (HTC Faraday) (Orange C600?)
MDA Vario
Treo 650 (firmware dependant)
Blackberry 8700c

Phones that worked, with Hands free, but not the GSM commands (PDA phones mainly)

SE P910i
Nokia 7710
Nokia N70
Nokia N80 very poor does not keep connection with bluetooth consistantly
Nokia N91
Nokia Ngage
Nokia 6620
Nokia 6682
Samsung D500
Samsung D600
Samsung i730
Motorola MPX220